Breg’s Workplace Safety Program, May 2020
WithHealth client, Breg, is committed to workplace safety as they provide critical medical devices to orthopedic patients. As an essential service, the Breg team kept working to continue to serve patient needs yet was challenged with the burden of clinical management of COVID-19.
“At the beginning of the pandemic, we saw fluctuations in our staffing due to perceived exposure or infection. The WithHealth partnership has brought stabilization to our production with their testing and education protocols.”
– Ben Hutson, SVP of Operations, Breg Inc.
Breg provides premium, high-value sports medicine products and services that advance patient orthopedic care.
Industry:Medical Device Production
Number of employees:~1200 in the US and Mexico
- Carlsbad, CA
- Grand Prairie, TX
- Indianapolis, IN
Breg engaged WithHealth as a partner to help implement a clinically-based workplace safety program for the manufacturing plants, corporate offices and their patient service centers. WithHealth designed, implemented and oversees the program, which includes:
- Client specific program design and management
- Surveillance and monitoring
- Clinician guided group and individual clinical education
- Clinical oversight & coordination of baseline and randomized testing (PCR & Serology)
- Ongoing surveillance (including Daily Assessments) by WithHealth physicians
- Telemedicine consultations with physicians
Through our robust and encompassing program, we were able to assist Breg in keeping their employees and their families safe, while still being able to execute and deliver on their business commitments. Breg employees were successfully able to continue serving their clients without outbreaks or additional infections/exposure constraining their production capabilities.